Presidium Duo Tester (PDT) is the only comprehensive tool on the market that combines two proven testing methods for gemstones. PDT differentiates
diamonds from its simulants based on both their thermal conductivity and reflective indexes. Coated gemstones can also be generally tested with the PDT.
The Presidium Duo Tester comes with a probe pen that has a retractable probe tip which ensures consistent pressure against the gemstone during testing for more reliable results. With the industry’s thinnest probe tip size of 0.6mm, PDT tests gemstones as small as 0.02ct.
*Does not differentiate between natural and synthetic colored gemstones.
- Retractable thermoelectric probe tip that ensures constant pressure between probe and gemstone
- Industry’s thinnest probe tip (0.6mm) for testing gemstones as small as 0.02ct
- Metal alert buzzer to ensure that the probe tip is in contact with gemstone during testing
- Large easy-to-read analog dial with 15 colored gemstones
- Digital index LED display for reading reflectivity value of the gemstone (based on a conversion from the refractive index)
- Built-in diamond and simulant test discs for reference
- Built-in simulant reflective properties reference chart
- Built-in simulant set for calibration of reflectivity meter (optional item provided by Presidium)
- Tests gemstones using dual tests of thermal and reflectivity properties to know more about the gemstone
- Tests gemstones as small as 0.02ct
- Consistent and reliable results every time
- Clear and visible display for ease of reading measurements for both thermal and reflective test
- No waiting time between tests
- Simple and easy to use
- Runs on batteries or with recommended Presidium AC adaptor
Power & Battery:
- 5 x AAA alkaline batteries (approximately 3 hours of continuous use)
- AC port to be used with appropriate Presidium Power Adaptor (not included)